Friday 10 August 2012

Looking through rose tinted glasses...

Are our boundary's real, imagined or created by us?

One of my greatest passions is to paint and in so doing bring a canvas to life with my imagination and the help of some wonderful vibrant colors.
Often, I will contemplate over the exact shade for hours and squeeze little tubes of vibrancy unto a palette, mixing and blending until I get it just the way I want it.


Which is what? What color is it exactly? Does everyone see it the same way?And does that color really exist, or is it something that I / we have created or simply given a label too?
And is that 'label'- title, whatever you may want to call it, called something else somewhere else??


Azzuro in Italy, Azul in Spain, Blue in Ireland or if your in Japan they call traffic lights (that we call green) blue! So who is right?

Maybe no one? Maybe everyone!

Here is a wonderful article I read on this subject, very informative and thought provoking.
http://www.empiricalzeal.com/2012/06/05/the-crayola-fication-of-the-world-how-we-gave-colors-names-and-it-messed-with-our-brains-part-i/

Next week, I am heading off to my favorite Irish spot, Dingle Bay. http://www.dingle-peninsula.ie/

It lies on the most South Westerly point and I am always in awe at the sheer rawness and beauty of its landscape. Windy roads, deserted sandy beaches and hedgerows full of dancing fuchsia's.
But what I like most is the light. It is different. At least to me it appears that way.
I think it is because I am on the other side of what I am generally used to (the east coast) so the sun appears different, closer! And the sunsets over the sea watching Fungi soar are mesmerising and unforgettable.

Or is it simply that I am in holiday mode?? 
Bright eyes and bushy tailed and looking at it through 'rose tinted glasses'?

What if I put on those glasses more often, in my every day life?
Would the grass be greener?

Yes, I think so!...

“If you look the right way, you can see that the whole world is a garden.”
 Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden

I am placing these imaginary specs on my nose right now and wow,
when I actually take the time to stop, take a deep breath and look around me
and really observe I can truly see much more beauty in the world that I was unaware of. Right here, right now, under my very nose.

So stop, right NOW and put them on!
See the sheer beauty for what it is,
and appreciate all you have right here and now.

I know I am (-;

Danielle x


For more ideas how to see the world through a new perspective call me on 086-3845299
or email me at neurocombatives@gmail.com






No comments:

Post a Comment